I never did post about my birthday last month, better late than never I suppose. We really just had a normal day. Since we are without income currently it didn't seem so smart to do the present dinner/thing and since I have been fasting from dessert since the week after Easter, until Barrett gets a job that part was a no-go as well. In Abilene there happens to be a Jeanette street, so our grand plan was to head to the intersection of Jeanette and 27th (I was turning 27 by the way). But our scheme was fumbled by the designers of the Abilene road system. A screen shot of Google maps shows you here that Jeanette merges into Treadaway RIGHT in between 26th and 27th. That street light up there is 27th... and Treadaway. Just behind us would be 26th and Jeanette... perfect if only we thought of this last year.

Still, I was quite fortunate to be with my family. I was glad we were all together, happy and healthy. Oliver even gave me a pretend party, he is so cute and so much fun. I made a super funky dinner (those Urad Dal pancakes) and both Barrett and I think that we watched a movie that night (hey, it's been almost a month, how am I supposed to remember that long ago!). Anway, it was fun and I'm glad to say that I am now one year closer to 30... did I say glad??!! ;)
Glad yall had fun. Mine was last month too... I hope your husband finds a job soon, I know how that goes. Jas got laid off in Nov and it took a couple months. Different situation, but w/ a family it is scary. I'll be praying though!
ReplyDelete