Well, some of these pictures are from the beginning of the season when things were a little bare. First we had to dig out the dirt from one square of our box and fix the edges that were coming apart. Here is a picture of Ollie taking care of that.We still had strawberries, oregano, and rosemary from last year so we added 4 different bell peppers, onions, basil, peas (in the ground) and
some snapdragons for a splash of color (plus they were free).
Oh yes, and as always we have some cantaloupe growing from our compost.
Look at our oregano (to the left) it is growing like crazy.I can't help but include some pictures of the curly cues from our peas, I just love them. I love how they grow and grab onto things like little baby fingers!


Now were were expecting a heavy storm that never showed as always in this town. But I had given some of the newer guys some reinforcement. At least it will protect them from 30 mph winds!

That's it for now, aside from watering and a bit of maintenance nothing exciting yet, though Oliver does find and pick ripe strawberries almost daily, you have to be really sneaky to get one for yourself!
Love it! Still haven't finished tilling my garden.... ridiculous.... So glad to see one of us has our act together:)
ReplyDeleteYea! We have a garden started on our balcony this year, since we have no yard. I'm jealous of the strawberries, that's great! Your garden is looking wonderful!!
ReplyDelete