Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Last weekend

This last weekend was quite full so, I thought a blog would be in order. For starters but more on it later, I had a photoshoot this weekend a senior named Michael. This photoshoot was scheduled for last weekend but Michael was sick (poor guy - sick even for his prom). Now this weekend we were headed to Oklahoma so we rescheduled the photoshoot for Friday evening. Friday rolled around and hit 101 degrees, even in the evening. Needless to say Michael wasn't going to be standing around outside in a suit getting his pictures taken in that kind of heat. I don't know how good I am at photoshopping sweat and this isn't america's next top model so we had to reschedule for Saturday. That meant that Barrett was headed to Oklahoma sans wife and kid. Saturday Oliver and I went to the Western Heritage Classic. We walked around the horse stalls and pet some horses. Oliver took a ride around on a white horse (very cute - as you can see). He was pretty nervous but he really wanted to do it. I walked with him and he held my hand - hence the reaching for my hand in the picture. Afterwards we ambled around looking and stuff and trying to explore more things to do and we happened upon a horse auction which was more than interesting. I spent the whole time trying to figure out what the man was saying (even just identifying one number!) and Oliver focused on the demonstrations of the next horses to be auctioned. He especially liked this horse and foal.
We also spent a lot of time mooing with the cows (literally) to which I have some funny videos of Oliver. We stopped for some music then went into the bit and spur show which should be renamed... the how much can we cram into this building show. Oliver sampled a cinnamon pecan and touched lots of furs and saddles. We went back to the music looking for the fiddling competition. I found a photographer with a program and asked him. Lucky for us he was headed over there so we hitched a ride on his golf cart (Oliver's highlight!). After that we went home for lunch and a nap.
That night was my photoshoot and I had Oliver staying with my friend Katherine who has two daughters, Oliver's buddy (in some instances) Kerith, and his new love, Anna (a baby). Oliver did great staying there without me, his first experience alone since moving to Abilene. He did tell me though that he was very sad.
The photoshoot went fine. I mean that, just fine. Saturday was VERY cloudy and very cloudy means cold lifeless (and dark) pictures unless you have an external flash, some kind of nifty reflector or both. I have neither. I had to use a pretty low shutter speed which concerns me about the 8X10 prints, but they come in tomorrow so we will see. Micheal was pretty cooperative for not wanting his picture taken I just really wish the weather worked in our favor. Now, they needed these pictures by Wednesday. Donnie, I know what you are thinking and you are right. What Donnie is thinking is, "that is an incredibly fast turnaround". Well, if I knew if I could get the prints to the printing company on Monday I would for sure have them by Wednesday. Which means that I had to have them picked out by the family on Sunday. In case you forgot Saturday and Sunday are back to back with only a night separating them. Once I put Oliver to bed and ate dinner (missed that somewhere in the evening) I headed into photoshop. I finally emerged and went to sleep at about 5:30am. Oliver drug me to church the next morning but we left early, rode our bikes home and went straight to sleep - the both of us. That afternoon the prints were chosen and some more adjustments were needed. So Sunday was another late night - 2:00 on that one! Regardless, they were in the hands of the printing press by Monday afternoon and that is all that really mattered! Here are a couple pictures, we
























Sunday evening Oliver took my out to Olive Garden where we split an entree and made it out with our stomach's full (of bread mostly) and only 15 dollars poorer. Monday was pretty uneventful, as was today. We cleaned, went to the grocery story and the library - the basics. Oh we did spent some time at Hastings because it is kindof boring without Barrett and Hastings has a train table (and books as if we don't have any here and the much frequented library!). Barrett came home this evening and I honored that with lentil burritos and homemade tortillas. Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. The pictures look great. I saw them on the other site. I especially like the sideways ones.

    ReplyDelete