Sunday, August 9, 2009

Vacation Round Two

Another trip this summer you say?? Well with a husband away, being home alone is pretty terrible. Oliver especially needs some distraction. SOOO, Sunday we headed to Arlington to see my friend, Brittany (and her 3 kids) who lives in Montana. She was visiting her mom, Vicki, also a good friend, who lives in Arlington. We filled Vicki's house with lots and lots of noise! We went swimming, tried to go to the zoo (without luck due to the rain), cooked, ate ice cream, went to the mall, etc. etc. Then on Tuesday night we headed over to Fort Worth to stay with Holly and Tyson. For some really weird reason Oliver was running a fever all that next day, so I spent most of the day in bed with him. Then, Thursday, Oliver and I loaded up with the Moulder Family and headed to Oklahoma City, complete with one stop to watch ducklings, or to buy Bethany shoes: however you want to look at it ;). We were so privileged to be riding in the smugglers van, or to the car company it would be the "stow and go". I lost minimal amounts of hair due to a taped up, not so taped up "cubbie". Of course I ride was not complete until we used, "a licorice stick" as a windshield wiper.
So in Oklahoma, we ditched Tyson at work, picked up my love and drove STRAIGHT to ZamZams (a delicous Mediterranean place to eat). That evening our family went to the fancy pantsy Moulder hotel and relaxed in its luxuriousness. Actually we went swimming, but it was a nice hotel! Afterward we had pizza and then went home.
Friday and Saturday Barrett's family had a garage sale to which I kept finding stuff to sneak out of the for sale pile. No pictures of that. Saturday afternoon we went back to Fort Worth with the new knowledge that Holly and Tyson were moving that next friday. We hit packing overload until I left on Monday (well I'm sure they continued it for the next few days). Again, no pictures of that... sad. However I do have this great collage I made of the second tooth that Hadley lost, which has prompted many conversations with Oliver. He is pretty sure that when he turns 3 his teeth will fall out, after all he will be older.
But NO out trip isn't over yet. We left the Moulder house and headed to Bedford to make a stop at the Let's Start Talking office. After a nice visit we made our way back down to Arlington and for the first time, got lost. With Barrett's help via cell phone and google maps we found our way again and stopped for a snack with a friend I haven't seen in 10 years. It was wonderful, we have so much in common and I really loved hearing about her life overseas. THEN, and only then did we fill up the car with gas, wash the windows (Oliver's insistence) and make the drive home. That's all for now, enjoy this video of Ollie, Kiley and Brendan showering at the fitness center after swimming. So cute ;)

5 comments:

  1. Fun... Love the pic w/ the curtains btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is pricesless...it cracks me up that Kiley got caught spitting water, lol! They had a blast! :o) When are you guys headed to OK!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how Kiley says, "can you please shut it?" ha ha ha
    To OK at the end of this month -ish

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, what is up with LST? Are you doing it? We are hoping to get a team soon. Someone just has to come want to do it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy - I was totally planning on going on LST maybe sometime next summer. THEN I mean seriously like 1 week after I talked to them I found out I was pregnant! Way to through a kink in my plans little boy/girl. I'm thinking I'll have to wait a bit again since I'm due in late April and traveling (without Barrett) with 2 kids, one being a nearly newborn doesn't sound like it will be all that productive!

    ReplyDelete