I lost a few pictures, namely the welcome home party for my friend's husband who just returned from deployment, and I'm trying to remember all the programs I had on my computer. As I remember them I download them, same goes with my internet bookmarks... what a pain! However my hard-drive is squeaky clean if that is any consolation.Oliver and I headed over last week to the motorcycle rally. We had alot of fun mostly
people watching. There was a band, food and of
course... motorcycles. Who knew Abilene had so much to offer... (that was a joke for all of you who don't or haven't lived
here!) Oliver has spent alot of time in the mud lately. His favorite spot seems to be the place that somebody thought might be good for a garden in front of our front window. Not me, we keep ours in the back away from the bricks and in the shade! So mud for Oliver, that's what lives there. The past few days were rainy and cooler so we spent alot of time in the tent outside and picnicking. Actually since Barrett isn't around virtually every meal is a picnic somewhere, the trampoline, the tent, the ground, the living room,the bed...wherever we feel like.

Oliver had been amazing me lately as he grows. In just 3 weeks he went from scribble writing to letter like forms, which is astounding. Here is his address to Grandma's house, ending in 2 y's. Also he has quickly developed a love and a fast growing knowledge of space shuttles and astronauts. Let me throw in some drawing and social skills into the bragging. Here is his scuba diver which took me by surprise when I saw it, it is so detailed and purposeful! The scuba diver by the way is actually related to the astronauts be
cause in the old Apollo missions when they splashed down in the water, scuba divers came to collect them, that's why Oliver drew one. Below is my rendition of somebody getting the astronaut into his suit. Today Oliver played with Kerith at her house and I saw him lead a play (and play together) for the first time. He told Kerith that they were going to fly a space ship and she gladly followed him to the living room. He said, "We have to put on our space suits". Then he mimicked putting on his suit, gloves, helmet etc. Kerith followed "suit" (haha). Then Oliver told her other things,
I'll spare you the details but my favorite was when we got up to go to outer space he turned to her and said, "Now, you have to leave your space suit on when you are in outer space. It helps you breathe".
Cute!!! Kalila's gotten to the stage where she is still scribbling, but she tells us what they are... A line the other day was a giraff, another section was mama, baba & baby...I love it.
ReplyDeleteWow. Very impressive! Canaan is so much fun these days. Ever since he was about 18 months, he has been learning nad doing so much more. I am guessing everyday and month he'll learn leaps and bounds more. Hope you are doing well. Are you moving from Abeline, or did you just move there. You mentioned moving in a post. Just curious. Hope you are doing well.
ReplyDelete