Tuesday, July 7, 2009

While hubby is away....

everything will break.... naturally.
You should know though, both my parents fix things... all kinds of things (even when they don't know how). My gene pool has left me without a choice. When I was little I used to take things apart and put them back together for fun. Once I took apart one of those revolving clocks, oh yes, okay, I just googled it... anniversary clocks. I know zero about clocks so in an effort to fix it, I exploded it. Well, I'm just saying the destiny of all wives while there husband is away cannot pull its nasty tricks on me.
First things first... my drivers side window.
I rolled it down (electric windows of course) the other day, 4th of July I believe and it got stuck... in the down position. Lucky for me I'm used to driving with the windows down thanks to Oliver's preference for the wind in his hair (actually and unobscured line of vision). Now, before you go feeling too impressed I have a step dad who is a senior master mechanic for Ford and who gave me some over the phone advice... twice.
To begin... rip apart the door.
It was actually more apart than this but its what I have
a picture of. Second on the list: cut the cable that runs through the regulator.
Pull up the window (which was a breeze once it was cut, you should have seen me prying it up before, and with Oliver pressing the window up button... great one)
Now to tape up the door, with masking tape specifically (no goo). Put everything back together, minimal kicking of the door and viola.





Okay, as if using kitchen scissors as a weed eater isn't bad enough... my lawn mower is so ridiculously broken it just... ridiculous. The handle broke last summer, Barrett did some sawing and stuff on it and it was working pretty well. A little shorter on one side then the other but then I thought... hey what a perfect mower for me ;)
Last week while I mowed I couldn't keep the bag attached for more than 10 seconds. So I've been mowing bag free lately. Then last night when I was mowing the front...


well as you can see... not really conducive to mowing. Now my dad finds this hilarious and I'm not quite sure why because in my mind I truly can't think of anything else that would work better.
I convinced the knob into the hole and then tied the whole thing up as tight as I could... with ribbon. Still slides out a bit but as long as i make only left turns (pressure on the right side of the handle) it stays together.

1 comment:

  1. I guess when hubs is away, things break! The ribbon is the perfect fix-it! :)

    ReplyDelete