We spent the better half of Thursday working and playing in the yard. That's all I actually remember about that day, I think we might have gone to
Wal-Mart and the Natural Food Store but I could be wrong...
Friday brought about a hilarious trip to the fire station. First of all we were supposed to go as a group in my stay at home moms group but no one showed up. The plan was to take cookies that we had baked to the fire station, well since no one came here I sat with my batch of cookies and one excited kid. So I called up Meghan and she brought over River and Eden and we all piled in my car and headed to the fire station (which in itself was a hilarious ride filled with lots of turns and detours to a fire station no more than a couple miles away). We arrived and presented the firefighters with my measly batch of cookies and we were well on a way to an informal tour of the place. Naturally, as we were in the garage the bell rang and our tour guides jumped into the firetruck and drove away. Now here we are in the garage of a fire station and the only people who know we are there just left and so we tried to find out way out. Well, we could go out the garage door but frankly opening it seemed a little inconspicuous (did I mention they closed the garage door behind them, lets hear if for efficiency.) and the other doors had little security number pads. Well, just as Meghan tries to open the number padded door the garage door on the back of the garage right next to where we were standing begins to open. I laughed because that's what I do and Meghan donned a look of shock mixed with confusion thinking that she had somehow opened the garage door. It was a different fire truck coming in and we were saved from having to camp in the fire house garage. But of course while we were trapped
we did take the opportunity to take a group picture via the camera timer, an old red cart, some weird tool and a piece of rebar.
Saturday... wow what a day. My friend Jen's husband was returning home from his deployment in the middle east and she asked me to come take pictures of the reunion. So with Oliver in tow and her daughter Aimee (2) we stood out by the flight line on base awaiting her love's return. I'll spare you all of the crazy details.. actually really I'm sparing my fingers ;). But here are a few pictures from that day.
and this picture of took of a couple that I don't actually know... it's my favorite.
And that brings us to today. Pretty normal Sunday, we rode our bike to church, ate lunch, took a nap and played blocks.
Now one cute anecdote about Oliver to close out the night.... he was given a pair or spider man pajamas a while back at a party (they are pants and long sleeved). Of course Barrett and I call them his spider man pajamas. Tonight I was wearing a lohn john set (cudle duds) and Oliver said I was wearing my "spider man jamas". Ha, I just realized he totally has no idea who spider man is... he thinks its the type of pajama.
Goodnight
Love the story about being "stuck" in the fire station! That's really funny that you were left stranded like that. :) Good idea to take cookies to them, though! I'm sure they loved them.
ReplyDelete