It's nearly bedtime for me so I'm going to make this short and sweet... or at least short.
Oliver spends his days mostly doing one of two things, building blocks or playing instruments. He is very very into the orchestra right now. We have been to several performances, seen some online and also checked out some from the library (we even got our hands on the reading rainbow episode when they visit Julliard). His favorites are the drums and the violins but he frequents the spot of conductor, bowing included. For Christmas we bought him a 115 piece set wooden unit block set and everyday we build towers, trains, boats, airplanes (with airports of course), I could go on...
Barrett is working as usual and also one test away from completing his private pilot's license. Once he is finished I'm making an apple cobbler... yay!
As for me, well I spend my day refining my parenting skills, when I'm not doing that I am looking for new recipes or indulging in my new love... reading (who knew!) I'm a few pages from the end of Three Cups of Tea in case you were wondering and then its onto facebook to see what the bookshelf application recommends for me next.

Recently we took impromptu family pictures downtown. First of all, we waited way to late in the evening to go. It was getting cold (note Ollie's red nose) and we only actually took about 6 pictures. Second of all, as I was setting up I found that my tripod is completely broken beyond repair and I spend valuable sunlight time using one of Oliver's tennis shoes and lots of ribbon (it's what I had in my bag okay...) to rig up to tripod, so a little photoshop work later and viola... our first actual family picture... sorta.
Relatively short and kinda sweet as promised. Have a wonderful day!
What a cute little boy you have! How old is he?
ReplyDeleteHe turned two last October
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogging world! :) Nice family shot as well, even with the red noses. Look forward to more posts! - LIV
ReplyDelete