I thought it looked pretty deep but I didn't go to college to be a doctor so I really didn't know what to do. Kelly, Jasmine (her friend from school) and I decided to go to Wal-Greens to get butterfly band-aids and Tylenol. The girls were so great, they read all of Oliver's favorite books to him in the car. At Wal-Greens his head started bleeding again and we finally made it out of there with the band-aids, tylenol, and tons of candy and soda that Kelly and Jasmine bought. I put Oliver on the trunk of the car and tried to put a band-aid on his head, to which Jasime said (in a classic eleven year old tone), "Uh I don't think we know how to do this." To which I replied, "You're right!" And Kelly followed with, "we better see a doctor". The band-aid wouldn't even hold the cut closed so we went for Kelly's plan and headed for the urgent care clinic which was horrible and traumatizing except for the part when Kelly and Jasmine did their entire dance routine while waiting for the doctor to some back. Two stitches
later we headed back for the house: starving, exhausted and shaky... all but Oliver, he was a new man - running around and playing. Kelly cooked us up a pizza, we hung out some more then Oliver and I head back to Barrett's parents house.That night we got to see precious baby Elliot Thatcher. That would be Barrett's best friend Isaiah's baby. He was mostly sleeping as you could guess but here is one of him stretching his little arms around! Adorable ;)

The next day was Easter. I spent the better half of the morning making rolls and didn't have time to make myself truly decent for church, which turned out alright since the rain that greeted us as we hit the door would have undone all my hard work anyway! After church we headed over to Mandy's house for lunch. After lunch was a baby shower for the new baby in the family, Elle. Down below are some picture highlights... pretty much of the desserts, I can't think of what better to highlight! All the pies made by Barbara and those cake balls are Mandy's creation.

Well, that's that in a tiny nutshell. We got Oliver's stitches out today which was equally as traumatizing as having them put in! But they are out and we are only $300 poorer for the whole thing, not bad!


No comments:
Post a Comment