Saturday, April 17, 2010

Waiting

And now we are waiting for our little baby to come hang with us for the next 18 or so years. I've been getting everything ready for labor and for newbornness. Surprisingly nothing really related to having a newborn. I did get a few diapers, put the onesies and shirts in the drawer, set up the swing and buy a maya wrap but that was it. Everything else has been completely random. Sewing the sides of my swimsuit cover because it doesn't fit right, finding the tension rod in the garage for the curtains in the room, baking waffles for the freezer, writing lists of what Oliver likes to do and eat for anyone around entertaining him, buying labor snacks (high protein/high energy), cleaning and re-cleaning and again re-cleaning the play room which is where we are setting up the birthing tub... I'm telling you, totally random things. All other getting ready things are things that I don't want to have to try and do with a newborn and three year old: cut Oliver's hair, pack away winter clothes, organize the cabinet, write George a letter, wash the windows, organize/clean out pictures on the computer... and now my brain just stopped working so there is the end of the list.
I'm positive that next time I post (which may be a while from now) that I will have some kind of picture of an actually baby but for now here is me working hard to grow it at 40 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Awww... I wish I was being as productive, but I'm just not. I've been working on the house... cutting postpartum pads like crazy because I didn't realize I could make no sew ones until a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look Adorable and Beautiful! Love and miss you! Cant wait to see pictures of your adorable new baby!!! :o) **MUAH**

    ReplyDelete